Next-Generation Sequencing Data Analysis Workshop
“Unlocking the Power of Genomics: Next-Generation Sequencing Data Analysis Workshop”
Virtual (Google Meet) TYPE
Mentor Based LEVEL
1:30 HRS Timings
IST 04:00 PM Onwards
Skills you will gain:
The Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Data Analysis workshop is designed to provide hands-on training on various bioinformatics tools and techniques for analyzing large-scale genomic data generated by next-generation sequencing technologies.
Aim: The workshop also aims to provide participants with advanced knowledge and skills in NGS data analysis, including transcriptome analysis, epigenetic analysis, metagenomics, and de novo assembly. The ultimate goal of the workshop is to enable participants to apply these techniques to solve complex research questions and make meaningful scientific discoveries in the field of genomics.
- To provide participants with a solid understanding of the principles and methods used in NGS data analysis, including quality control, read alignment, variant calling, and annotation.
- To equip participants with advanced knowledge and skills in NGS data analysis, including transcriptome analysis, epigenetic analysis, metagenomics, and de novo assembly.
- To enable participants to apply these techniques to solve complex research questions and make meaningful scientific discoveries in the field of genomics.
- To provide participants with hands-on experience in working with real-world datasets and using popular bioinformatics tools and pipelines for NGS data analysis.
- To foster collaboration and networking among participants and instructors, providing valuable insights and feedback.
- To prepare participants for a range of careers in genomics research and bioinformatics, including academia, industry, and government.
- To enable participants to think critically and solve complex problems related to NGS data analysis, preparing them to apply these skills in real-world research settings.
What you will learn?
- Introduction to NGS Technology
- Overview of NGS data formats
- Accessing NGS data using SRA tool kit
- Quality control (FastQC) of reads
- Processing of raw reads, adapter clipping, quality trimming
- Read mapping (BWA, BWA-MEM, Bowtie2) to reference sequence
- Mapping output (SAM/BAM format)
- Visualization and evaluation of mapping quality
- Variant Call File Format (VCF)
- Bacterial whole genome assembly using SPADES
- Assessment of genome assembly using BUSCO, QUAST
- Genome Annotation
- Functional annotation using EGG-NOG mapper
19 Jun 2023
AT IST : 03:00 PM
19 Jun 2023 to
21 Jun 2023
Get an e-Certificate of Participation!
Intended For : Graduates, Post Graduates, Research Scholars, Academicians, Industry Professionals, Biotechnology Companies, Clinical Laboratories, Organizations Involved in Genomics Research or Applications
Career Supporting Skills
- Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of NGS data analysis and the ability to apply advanced techniques to real-world research problems.
- Participants will become proficient in using popular bioinformatics tools and pipelines for NGS data analysis, enabling them to conduct high-quality and reproducible analyses.
- Participants will gain hands-on experience in working with real-world datasets and applying NGS data analysis techniques to solve scientific questions.
- Participants will be able to analyze and interpret complex NGS data, including identifying genetic variants, performing differential gene expression analysis, and analyzing epigenetic modifications.
- Participants will develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, enabling them to solve complex problems related to NGS data analysis and apply these skills in real-world research settings.
- Participants will have the opportunity to collaborate and network with instructors and other participants, enabling them to build relationships and potentially form collaborations.
- Participants will gain a valuable skill set that can be applied in a range of research and industry settings, including genomics research, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and more.
June 19, 2023,03:00 PM