Nanotechnology For Sustainable Future
KEY TECHNOLOGY FOR 21ST CENTURY
Nanotechnology continues to receive a lot of attention as it offers great opportunities and can impact an incredibly wide range of industries and markets. As a result, this technology is evolving rapidly and will evolve faster in the coming years. A potential new feature of nanotechnology is to drive the development of new nanodevices.
Nanomaterials, an essential part of nanotechnology.
green nanotechnology, a conceptual approach to manage EHS risks
Most nanotechnologies pose no new risks to humans or the environment
Nanotechnology in Energy Sector
Through smart applications, nanotechnology has demonstrated the ability to satisfy everyone's desire of having inexpensive and clean energy. Its interaction with energy will fundamentally alter how energy is generated, stored, transferred, distributed, and controlled in the future. In the Energy Sector, nanotechnology has an impact on every component of the value-added chain.
Expected areas of improvement in Energy sector using Nanotechnology
heat in- and outflow based on nano optimized
Nanoporous foams and gels for thermal insulation of buildings
HYDROGEN, FUEL REFORMING AND FUEL TANKS
high efficiency light bulbs
lighter and stronger rotor blades and corrosion protection
Nano optimized cells, anti reflective coatings
Hydro power plant
Nano coatings for corrosion protection
Improving the efficiency and reducing the cost of fuel cells
Batteries and super capacitors
Heat and corrosion protection of turbine blades for more
efficient turbine power plants
Reducing the cost of solar cells
Phase change materials, Adsorptive Storage
Reducing power loss in electric transmission wires
Solar steam device
Generating steam from sunlight
Capacitor-based energy storage cells that offer enormous
amounts of energy
Latest Research topics in Energy & Environment sector
The latest trend in Energy & Environment is more about Energy Efficient materials, Pollution remediation, waste management & hybrid adsorbents.
Buildings with New Passive Cooling
With an unnatural weather change kicking in and rising ocean levels uprooting millions to bone-dry districts, there should be significantly more cooling of structures.
Various technology infused concrete for next gen construction like Green concrete, Ultra high performance concrete, Electronically conductive concrete, Ultra (light and) high strength concrete, Eco-friendly concrete, Fiber introduction in concrete, etc.
Steel characteristics can be improved by the use of nanotechnology. By utilizing nanoparticles, fatigue that leads to structural failure of steel due to cyclic loads, such as in bridges or towers, can be avoided.
Nanomaterials like SiO2, Carbon Nano Tubes and Aluminum oxide are generally utilized as fire retardant materials to secure the surfaces like metal, wood, plastic and concrete from the effect of high temperature.
Hybrid SOLAR CELL
The development of fuel cells and photovoltaic panels is the most promising application in the areas of energy and environment leading to sustainable building. Plastic solar cells have been the subject of a lot of research in recent years.
Diverse nanomaterials used to deliver proficient and feasible development materials are Silica and Nano clays, Nano Iron (Fe2O3), Nano Alumina Al2O3, CuO, Zinc Oxides, and Titanium Oxides. Varieties of these essential materials are created and utilized broadly.
Potential future applications of nanostructured materials in the energy field
- More efficient catalysts for fuel cells, or chemical conversion of fuels with extended surfaces and specific catalyst designs.
- Higher specific electrode area, more powerful battery, accumulator, supercapacitor.
- Optimized membrane with higher temperature and corrosion resistance for use in separators for polyelectrolyte fuel cells or lithium-ion batteries.
- Nanoporous materials for storing hydrogen. Metal hydrides or organometallic compounds.
Why Choose Us
Program work is completed through online system under the guidance of program coordinator.
e-LMS for smarter Learning
24 x 7 open chat
Excellent option for summer/winter project
Over 50 short term courses on Nanotechnology
Online live lectures from the experts
Prepare real time projects based on industrial queries
Certificate on project completion
Customized courses as per requirement for Industry benefit.
Various Job Opportunities
Nanotechnologies have the potential to significantly increase the development of both conventional (fossil and nuclear) and renewable energy sources such as geothermal energy, solar, wind, water, tides, and biomass. Nanotechnologies will play a critical role in the increased utilization of solar energy through photovoltaic systems, in particular.
- Sustainability Manager- The sustainability programmes of an organization are managed by the sustainability manager. Leads research and analysis for company sustainability initiatives to ensure that business processes, goods, and services are environmentally friendly and comply with regulatory standards.
- Research Scientist (Materials Photovoltaic's)- The mechanical, fracture, wear, and electrical properties, as well as environmental degradation of metallic, inorganic, and composite systems, will be studied and modelled as part of the project.
- Senior Process Engineer (Photolithography)- Define and manage equipment installation process qualification roadmaps - Drive process qualifications and implement process control plans with area equipment engineers, covering process equipment qualification, start-up, and volume ramp.
- Oceanographers- The role includes organizing, planning, and leading field research expeditions. Using technology such as remote sensors, marine robots, and towed or self-powered underwater vehicles, field samples and data will most likely be collected at sea.
- Device Fabrication Engineer- Fabrication engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, and improving manufacturing systems and processes. Industrial engineers, often known as manufacturing engineers, may have specialist understanding in metallurgy, welding, or a particular manufacturing process.
- Research Scientist : A materials/ nanomaterials research scientist creates and researches materials at the atomic level in order to create new materials or enhance current ones for application in cutting-edge technology.
- Manufacturing Engineering : A manufacturing engineer is an expert in industrial production who is in charge of doing research to determine the best techniques for developing, designing, and producing parts that fulfil certain criteria.
- Materials Engineers : Materials engineers create and observe substances at multi-scale tiers inclusive of nanoscopic, mesoscopic, and microscopic to alter their houses and behavior. They observe extraordinary forms of substances which includes polymers, ceramics, metals, and alloys via diverse strategies to remedy issues in numerous extraordinary engineering fields, which includes mechanical, chemical, electrical, civil, nuclear, and aerospace.
- Process Engineer : Process engineers are liable for designing new business tactics or enhancing present ones. By designing, controlling, and running the biochemical tactics, they flip uncooked substances into treasured products. Process engineers play a essential function in lots of industries.
- Research Labs : Process engineers are liable for designing new business tactics or enhancing present ones. By designing, controlling, and running the biochemical tactics, they flip uncooked substances into treasured products. Process engineers play a essential function in lots of industries.
It's time for you to be enhance your knowledge and be an edge above others. Register yourself and get started today.