Skills you will gain:
The Green Hydrogen Workshop is a dynamic and interactive event designed to delve into the potential of green hydrogen as a game-changer in decarbonizing industries. Join us for a day filled with insightful presentations, engaging discussions. Discover the latest advancements, technologies, and best practices in leveraging green hydrogen to drive sustainable transformations across various industrial sectors. The workshop on the use of green hydrogen in fuel cell electric vehicles and its potential to replace fossil fuels is a gathering of experts, researchers, and professionals in the field of alternative energy, sustainable transportation, and hydrogen fuel cells. Collaborate with like-minded professionals, exchange ideas, and uncover innovative solutions to accelerate the adoption of green hydrogen on a global scale.
Aim: The aim of this workshop would be to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of green hydrogen, its production, and its potential applications in industry. The workshop would cover the basics of green hydrogen, its benefits over traditional hydrogen production methods, and its potential for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.The workshop will explore the potential of green hydrogen as a clean and renewable energy source for powering fuel cell electric vehicles. It will cover topics such as the production, storage, and distribution of green hydrogen, its use in fuel cell electric vehicles, and its potential to replace fossil fuels.
- Educate participants on the principles and practices of green hydrogen production and application.
- Fundamental on Understanding of Green Hydrogen Generation Methods via Electrolysis.
- Familiarize participants to alternate green hydrogen generation using solar energy i.e., Photocatalysis and Photo-electrocatalysis.
- Help participants understand the material’s role in green hydrogen production and current advances.
- Showcase real-world examples of industries that have successfully implemented green hydrogen for their applications.
- Foster collaboration and networking among participants to promote the adoption of green hydrogen in industry.
- To provide participants with an overview of the current state of the art in green hydrogen production, storage, and distribution technologies, and their potential to replace fossil fuels in the transportation sector.
- To introduce participants to fuel cell technologies and their applications in powering electric vehicles, as well as the design and construction of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.
- To equip participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to conduct economic and environmental analysis of green hydrogen and fuel cell technologies, including cost-benefit analyses, life-cycle assessments, and carbon footprint analyses.
- To familiarize participants with policy frameworks and incentives related to green hydrogen and fuel cell technologies, and to help them understand the regulatory and safety issues involved in the deployment of these technologies.
- To promote collaboration and networking among participants, including engineers, scientists, policy makers, and business leaders, to advance the development and deployment of green hydrogen and fuel cell technologies.
- To inspire and motivate participants to become advocates for sustainable transportation and the transition to a low-carbon economy.
By the end of the workshop, participants would be equipped with the knowledge and skills towards research and development for green hydrogen production methods, scaling and challenges. Participants will gain understanding of subject for further implementation in their academic and industrial settings.
What you will learn?
Day 1: Introduction to Green Hydrogen and its Applications
- Introduction to hydrogen and its applications in industry
- Overview of different applications of green hydrogen in industry, such as transportation, energy storage, and industrial processes
- Comparison of traditional hydrogen production methods with green hydrogen production
- Basics of electrolysis and how it produces green hydrogen
- Understanding the benefits of green hydrogen and its potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Day 2: Green Hydrogen Production and Infrastructure
- Overview of green hydrogen production technologies and their advantages and disadvantages
- Selection of suitable renewable energy sources for green hydrogen production
- Understanding the process of electrolysis and different types of electrolysers
- Design and construction of a green hydrogen production system
- Infrastructure and storage of green hydrogen
Day 3: Materials in Green Hydrogen Production
- Characterizing a material for electrocatalytic green hydrogen production.
- 2D Materials (M-Xenes) in Green Hydrogen Production and Storage
- Characterizing Materials for Photo-electrochemical Green Hydrogen Production
- GoI Policies on Green Hydrogen.
On Day 2
Participants can learn about the electrolyzers, their assembly and working, and different types.
On Day 3
Participants will get real time examples on electrocatalyst characterization for electrolyzers and will learn ways to characterize the materials for hydrogen.
Day 4: Green Hydrogen in the transportation Sector
- What is Green Hydrogen and its properties?
- The benefits and challenges of using Green Hydrogen as a fuel
- The potential of Green Hydrogen to replace fossil fuels in the transportation sector
- Understanding the different types of fuel cell electric vehicles
- Overview of their components and working
- Different methods of Green Hydrogen production and their suitability for fuel cell electric vehicles
- Electrolysis process and types
- Photovoltaic and wind energy methods
- Biomass conversion methods
Day 5:Fuel Cell Technology & Electric Vehicle Components
- Understanding of fuel cell technology and its functioning
- Components of fuel cell and their working
- Types of fuel cells and their application in vehicles
- Efficiency and limitations of fuel cells
- Understanding the components of fuel cell electric vehicles
- Types of electric motors and batteries used in fuel cell electric vehicles
- Working and integration of fuel cell, electric motor, and battery
- Factors affecting the performance and efficiency of fuel cell electric vehicles
- Range, acceleration, and speed analysis of fuel cell electric vehicles
- Comparison of fuel cell electric vehicles with traditional vehicles
Day 6:Establishing Hydrogen Fueling Infrastructure,Policy and Regulations
- The challenges and opportunities in establishing hydrogen fueling infrastructure in India
- Types of hydrogen fueling stations and their suitability for Indian conditions
- Cost and feasibility analysis of establishing hydrogen fueling infrastructure
- The role of policy and regulations in promoting Green Hydrogen adoption
- National and international policies promoting Green Hydrogen adoption
- Regulatory framework for Green Hydrogen production, transportation, and storage
- The cost analysis of Green Hydrogen production and its application in fuel cell electric vehicles
- The potential of Green Hydrogen to reduce carbon emissions and achieve climate goals
- Carbon footprint analysis of Green Hydrogen-based transportation
Intended For : Graduates, Post Graduates, Research Scholars, Academicians, Industry Professionals, Engineers, Scientists, Industry Leaders of Mechanical,Chemical,Electrical,Environmental,Energy,Automotive,Sustainable domain
Career Supporting Skills
- Understanding of green hydrogen and its potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Knowledge of the different renewable energy sources that can be used for green hydrogen production
- Understanding of the process of electrolysis and different types of electrolysers
- Familiarity with the selection of suitable renewable energy sources for green hydrogen production for different applications, such as transportation, energy storage, and industrial processes
- Knowledge of the different green hydrogen production materials, technologies and their advantages and disadvantages for different applications
- Understanding of the design and construction of a green hydrogen production system for different applications
- Familiarity with the infrastructure and storage requirements of green hydrogen for different applications
- Awareness of the policy and economic considerations for scaling up green hydrogen adoption
- Exposure to real-world examples of industries that have successfully implemented green hydrogen for their applications.
- Opportunities to collaborate and network with other participants interested in green hydrogen adoption.
- Increased understanding of fuel cell technology: Participants will gain a deeper understanding of how fuel cells work, their advantages over traditional combustion engines, and their potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Increased awareness of the potential of green hydrogen: Participants will learn about the potential of green hydrogen to replace fossil fuels and the benefits of using green hydrogen in fuel cell electric vehicles.
- Increased knowledge of hydrogen production methods: Participants will learn about the different methods of hydrogen production, including electrolysis, biomass gasification, and steam methane reforming, and how they can be used to produce green hydrogen.
- Better understanding of infrastructure development: Participants will learn about the challenges associated with developing the necessary infrastructure for green hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, including the installation of hydrogen fueling stations and the transportation and storage of hydrogen.
- Enhanced collaboration and networking: The workshop can provide a platform for participants to network and collaborate with others in the green hydrogen sector, including researchers, policymakers, and industry experts.
- Increased motivation and advocacy: Participants may be inspired to advocate for the adoption of green hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and to work towards developing a sustainable hydrogen economy.
July 31, 2023,05:00 PM