Designing High-Performance Buildings with Passive Strategies and Software Tools
Bio-climatic design: Advancing the science of sustainable architecture
Skills you will gain:
The bio-climatic design principles and application in architecture online workshop covers topics such as climate analysis, passive design strategies, building envelope, renewable energy systems, and case studies. Participants will learn how to design buildings that are energy-efficient, environmentally sustainable, and provide a comfortable indoor environment. The workshop provides architects and designers with knowledge and skills to create buildings that respond to their environment and reduce their carbon footprint.
Aim: To interpret and use Building Bio Climatic Software Analysis to select appropriate passive design strategies for built-form, Analyse the concepts of Ventilation (natural & mechanical) and utilise it for enhanced thermal comfort in tropical regions.
What you will learn?
- Bio-Climatic Design and Passive Design Strategies
- Basics of Bio-Climatic Architecture
- Bio-Climatic Chart and Building Bio-Climatic Chart
- Using Building Bio-Climatic Chart (Psychrometric Chart) based Software for appropriate
- selection of architectural design strategies in different climatic zones. (Climate Consultant)
- Few Appropriate Case-Studies
- Ventilation and Building Design
- Significance of Ventilation and Its role in Thermal Comfort.
- Standards and Benchmarks for Natural Ventilation
- Air Flow Calculations and Metrics
- Site and Building Level Guidelines
- Some Case Studies in different Climatic Zones
- Excel Based Calculation Sheet developed by Author for Optimum Opening Size Calculation
25 Mar 2023
AT IST: 10:00AM
25 Mar 2023 to
26 Mar 2023
Intended For: Students, Graduates, Post Graduates, Research Scholars, Academicians, Architect, Energy Consultant, Industry Professionals