CRISPR-Cas gene editing technology is a powerful tool that has revolutionized the field of biology. It allows researchers to make precise and efficient changes to the genome of any organism. This has led to a rapid increase in our understanding of gene function and disease mechanisms, and it has also opened up new possibilities for gene therapy and other therapeutic applications.
In this three-day workshop, participants will learn about the basics of CRISPR-Cas gene editing, its advanced applications and ethical considerations. The workshop will include lectures, hands-on demonstrations, and discussions with experts in the field.
Aim: The workshop aims to provide participants with a comprehensive overview of CRISPR-Cas gene editing technology and its applications. The workshop will cover the basics of CRISPR-Cas, including how it works, different types of CRISPR-Cas systems, and its potential impact on various fields, such as basic research, translational research, and gene therapy.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of CRISPR-Cas gene editing
- Design and conduct CRISPR-Cas gene editing experiments
- Analyze and interpret CRISPR-Cas gene editing results
- Troubleshoot common CRISPR-Cas gene editing challenges
- Apply CRISPR-Cas gene editing technology to their research
What you will learn?
Day 1: Introduction and applications of CRISPR-Cas
- What is CRISPR-Cas?
- How does CRISPR-Cas work?
- Different types of CRISPR-Cas systems
- CRISPR in Basic Research
- CRISPR in Translational Research
- CRISPR in Gene therapy
Day 2: CRISPR-Cas gene editing workflows and challenges and troubleshooting
- Designing a CRISPR-Cas experiment
- Assembling CRISPR-Cas components
- Transfecting or transducing cells with CRISPR-Cas components
- Validating gene editing results
- Off-target effects
- Low efficiency
- Delivery challenges
Day 3: Advanced CRISPR-Cas gene editing techniques, ethics and regulation
- CRISPR-Cas gene activation and repression
- CRISPR-Cas gene editing in primary cells and tissues
- CRISPR-Cas genome engineering for animal models
- Responsible use of CRISPR-Cas
- Intellectual property considerations
- Regulatory landscape for CRISPR-Cas gene editing
Intended For : Genetics and Genomics Research, Biomedical and Clinical Genomics, Pharmaceuticals and Drug Development, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Population Genetics and Anthropology, Agricultural and Environmental Genetics, Forensic Genetics, Public Health and Epidemiology, Startups and Biotechnology Companies, Personalized Medicine and HealthTech, Veterinary Genetics
Career Supporting Skills
- A comprehensive understanding of CRISPR-Cas gene editing technology and its applications
- The ability to design and conduct CRISPR-Cas gene editing experiments
- The ability to analyze and interpret CRISPR-Cas gene editing results
- The ability to troubleshoot common CRISPR-Cas gene editing challenges
- The ability to apply CRISPR-Cas gene editing technology to your research
November 28, 2023,02:00 PM