Skills you will gain:
Immerse yourself in the forefront of medical innovation at the NANOmedX workshop on the “Future of Drug Delivery with Nanotechnology.” This exclusive event offers a dynamic platform for researchers, clinicians, and industry experts to delve into the revolutionary world of nanomedicine. Through engaging talks, hands-on demonstrations, and collaborative discussions, participants will gain profound insights into the limitless potential of nanotechnology in shaping the future of drug delivery. Explore cutting-edge advancements, exchange visionary ideas, and forge connections that accelerate the translation of nanomedical discoveries into tangible healthcare solutions. Join us in charting the course towards more precise, effective, and personalized treatments at NANOmedX.
Aim: The aim of the NANOmedX workshop is to illuminate the game-changing role of nanotechnology in drug delivery. By fostering knowledge exchange and collaboration, the workshop empowers participants to leverage nanomedicine’s potential for precise and effective therapies, bridging the gap between research and real-world applications to advance patient care.
- Targeted Drug Delivery: Nanoparticles can be engineered to specifically target diseased cells or tissues, minimizing damage to healthy cells and enhancing the therapeutic efficacy of drugs.
- Enhanced Drug Solubility: Many drugs have poor solubility, leading to reduced bioavailability. Nanoparticles can encapsulate these drugs, improving their solubility and absorption.
- Sustained Release: Nanocarriers can provide controlled and sustained release of drugs over extended periods, reducing the frequency of dosing and improving patient compliance.
- Overcoming Biological Barriers: Nanoparticles can traverse biological barriers such as the blood-brain barrier, enabling drugs to reach previously inaccessible areas like the brain for neurological treatments.
- Combination Therapy: Multiple drugs can be loaded into a single nanoparticle, allowing for combination therapy that targets different aspects of a disease simultaneously.
- Reduced Side Effects: Targeted delivery minimizes the exposure of healthy tissues to drugs, thereby reducing side effects and enhancing the safety profile of treatments.
- Personalized Medicine: Nanotechnology enables tailoring drug delivery systems to individual patient needs, considering factors like genetics and disease characteristics.
- Imaging and Diagnosis: Nanoparticles can carry contrast agents for imaging and diagnostic purposes, aiding in early disease detection and monitoring treatment responses.
- Vaccine Delivery: Nanoparticles can enhance the efficacy of vaccines by improving antigen presentation and promoting a stronger immune response.
- Regenerative Medicine: Nanotechnology can facilitate the delivery of growth factors and stem cells to aid tissue regeneration and repair.
- Minimally Invasive Therapies: Nanoparticles can be designed for minimally invasive procedures, offering localized treatment without the need for major surgery.
- Biocompatibility and Biodegradability: Many nanoparticle materials are biocompatible and biodegradable, reducing concerns about long-term accumulation in the body.
- Tailored Properties: Nanoparticles can be engineered with specific size, shape, surface properties, and drug release kinetics to suit various therapeutic applications.
- Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration: The field of nanomedicine encourages collaboration between scientists, engineers, clinicians, and other experts, leading to innovative solutions.
- Reduced Drug Resistance: Nanotechnology can help combat drug resistance by improving drug delivery to target sites and minimizing suboptimal dosing.
- Early Disease Intervention: Nanoparticles can be used to deliver therapeutic agents in the early stages of diseases, potentially preventing disease progression.
What you will learn?
Session 1: Introduction to Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery
● Overview of Nanotechnology and its Applications in Medicine
● Importance of Nanoparticles in Drug Delivery
● Challenges and Opportunities in Nanomedicine
Session 2: Fundamentals of Nanoparticle Synthesis
● Types of Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery
● Methods of Nanoparticle Fabrication
● Characterization Techniques for Nanoparticles
● Controlled Drug release
Session 3: Targeted Drug Delivery Systems
● Principles of Targeted Drug Delivery
● Active and Passive Targeting Strategies
● Ligand-Targeted Nanocarriers
Session 4: Biocompatibility and Toxicity Assessment
● Safety Considerations in Nanomedicine
● Techniques for Assessing Nanoparticle Biocompatibility
● Nanoparticle Toxicity Evaluation
Session 5: Nanocarrier Formulations for Different Routes of Administration
● Nanoparticles for Oral Drug Delivery
● Inhalable Nanoparticles for Pulmonary Drug Delivery
● Transdermal and Intravenous Nanocarriers
Session 6: Case Studies and Success Stories
● Real-world Applications of Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery
● Examples of Commercially Available Nanomedicine Products
● Impact of Nanomedicine on Patient Care
Session 7: Regulatory and Ethical Aspects of Nanomedicine
● Regulatory Guidelines for Nanomedicine Products
● Ethical Considerations in Nanotechnology Research
● Intellectual Property Rights in Nanomedicine
Session 8: Future Directions and Challenges
● Emerging Trends in Nanomedicine Research
● Addressing Challenges in Nanotechnology Drug Delivery
● Opportunities for Collaboration in Academia and Industry
● Combination therapy
30 Oct 2023 AT IST : 02:00 PM
Get an e-Certificate of Participation!
Intended For : Graduates, Post Graduates, Research Scholars, Academicians, Industry Professionals, Scientists, Clinicians, Pharmaceutical Professionals, Biomedical Engineers, Healthcare Practitioners
Career Supporting Skills
- Nanotechnology Proficiency: Participants will acquire an advanced understanding of nanotechnology principles, enabling them to design and engineer nanocarriers for drug delivery applications.
- Nanomaterial Synthesis Skills: Attendees will gain practical skills in synthesizing various types of nanoparticles, tailoring their properties for specific drug delivery purposes.
- Characterization Expertise: Participants will become proficient in characterizing nanoparticles using techniques such as spectroscopy, microscopy, and imaging, ensuring precise control over nanomaterial properties.
- Drug Encapsulation Mastery: Workshop attendees will learn to encapsulate a range of drugs within nanoparticles, mastering techniques for controlled release and improved therapeutic efficacy.
- Cellular Uptake Understanding: Participants will deepen their knowledge of cellular uptake mechanisms, crucial for designing nanoparticles that efficiently enter target cells.
- In vitro Model Competence: Workshop outcomes will include enhanced skills in designing and conducting in vitro experiments to evaluate the behavior and efficacy of nanomedicine systems.
- In vivo Application Insights: Attendees will gain insights into in vivo testing methodologies, learning to assess the behavior and biocompatibility of nanocarriers within animal models.
- Data Analysis Proficiency: Participants will refine their abilities to analyze complex data sets, extracting meaningful insights about nanoparticle behavior, drug release profiles, and cellular interactions.
October 30, 2023,02:00 PM