Python for Biological Data Science: A Beginner’s Guide to Programming
“Empower your research with Python programming skills”
Python workshop typically involve a combination of lectures and hands-on activities, with the goal of promoting active learning and engagement among participants. Participants may start with the basics of Python programming, such as variables, data types, operators, and control structures.
Aim: The aim of this workshop would be to introduce biologists and life scientists to the basics of Python programming and its applications in data analysis and visualization. The objective would be to provide hands-on training in using Python for common tasks in biology, such as sequence analysis, gene expression analysis, and image processing.
What you will learn?
- Python Basics Installation
- Python Data types – Numeric and String
- Python Data Structures – List, Tuple, Dictionary – with examples from Biotechnology
- Python control flow – if else and loops – DNA and Protein sequence analysis
- Generating complement and reverse complement of a DNA Sequence Program to calculate DNA composition and melting temperature of primer Program to find if a given DNA sequence has recognition sequence for a given restriction site
- Python – File handling and Pandas library for data analysis
- Reading and writing to a file Reading a dataframe through Pandas and basic biological data analysis
Intended For : Students, Graduates, Post Graduates, Research Scholars, Academicians, Industry Professionals
Career Supporting Skills