Effective Scientific Writing Workshop: Techniques and Strategies for Communicating Research Findings
“Elevate your scientific writing to new heights – Communicate your research effectively”
The Effective Scientific Writing Workshop will help individuals to develop and enhance their scientific writing skills. The workshop covers techniques and strategies for communicating research findings effectively through writing, including how to structure scientific papers and communicate scientific data.
Aim: The aim of the workshop is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively communicate their scientific research findings in written form.
What you will learn?
- Explaining the purpose of writing a scientific paper
- What does an academic paper look like? – an in-depth view of each chapter or section
- How to start writing? – a detailed explanation of planning your paper, focusing on what is involved and the outcomes the writer wishes to achieve
- Planning the research – focus on different research methods
- The pitfalls of working entirely alone – explaining how to find suitable peers for review purposes and working with an advising professor
- The importance of a pilot study
- Informed consent / ethics
- Essential steps involving the following actions: Explain (make your point clear); Summarize; Synthesize; Report & Interpret data; Argue; Respond, Analyze and Recommend
- Grammar and how to write in the passive voice, and when to use it
- Online resources
- Choosing your style – APA or MLA?
- Setting up your page – step by step guide to font, margins, spacing, indents and more
- Citing and references
- Second draft to final draft – what are you missing?
- The writer’s final checklist
- Submit your final draft
Intended For : Students, Graduates, Post Graduates, Research Scholars, Academicians
Career Supporting Skills